Thursday, October 1, 2009

In your dreams!

I was thinking this morning of a time when I had been married only for two or three years. We still lived in an apartment and I just ached to have a house. We lived in a lovely neighborhood and I remember we would take little walks together to the park and along the way we would walk past the most adorable houses. At night when we were driving home from somewhere I would see lights shining in the window of some little home and it would just make me almost want to cry from wanting a home of our own.
I also spent half of my time worrying about whether it was time to have kids or not. We had always said that we would probably wait until we had been married for about 5 years before talking about kids, but it didn't stop me from thinking about it all the time. I was never quite at peace with waiting. This was very strange to me because we had no experience around kids and had no idea what to with them. We had no friends with children and weren't really in a hurry to give up our time alone together. Still, I was never quite sure about waiting.

Fast forward to now. I am so blessed. We have now been married 8 1/2 years and we live in a home of our own (as of 3 years ago) with our two children, a boy (almost 4) and a girl ( 17 months) and one on the way. It is such a wonderful thing to have home and a family. I love being home with my kids and I love being a mom. My hubby is a great daddy and it is more than we ever thought it would be.
Sometimes we busy modern adults get so caught up in our daily lives that we don't even stop to think about the dreams come true that we have had. I have had many dreams that have come true. I forget this sometimes, when there are things that I am stressed out about or needs that I am praying for. God has always taken care of us, this is something I testify to all the time, but even more than that, God has given me things I have dreamed of and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails