Monday, February 1, 2010

My Style Monday



I am participating in a new thing that Short Southern Momma has begun called My Style Monday! Feel free to participate, just grab the button above and drop by her site - here to see what this Monday's subject is and write about it. You can post a link to her site in your post and then go to her blog and post a comment with your link so others can read about your style.

Today's topic is to show 5 things in our homes that show our style. Here are mine-


I couldn't narrow it down to 5, so I have 7!


First- I like things clean and simple. I choose my accessories carefully. I don't like a lot of clutter (unlike other women in my family who collect alot of stuff. I also am extremely picky about colors and it has taken me a long time to choose some I like for the house. I do alot of painting and I painted this little house decoration and put some patterned craft paper in it too.




Second: I love to paint murals, and I really like simple shapes and sillhouettes. This is in my half-bath and I love it. It is very serene. I also love the stripes I painted on the cabinet there.




I love quilts and have several small ones that I have made around the house, my favorite is this one, I would love to do a large one with the same pattern some day and it looks awesome in my blue and brown bedroom. I believe the pattern is 'crossed canoes' but the magazine I got it out of called it 'tipper-canoe and tyler too' which is funner to say. :)




I love patterns, especially very abstracted patterns with solid shapes, the fewer colors the better I think and the sharper the outlines the more I like them. I made up my own stencil and painted this on one wall of my dining room.





I love stripes and again, patterns! And I love this color green, in case you couldn't tell! lol I have it in my kitchen too. Here I covered the old dark wood paneling in this house with these stripes, didn't even have to tape off, just followed the panels! Also, I love this fabric that I made this curtain out of, just my type of pattern. Interesting colors too!



I also like to make simple painting on some of my old canvases from art school. I already have the leftover paint from the walls, so I try to make matchy stuff, I like this grouping-




Lastly, when looking around my house, the only other decor that doesn't fit into the above categories of color, patterns, stripes and murals are the photos.

I love photos, and would like to have more, just need to collect more frames and get more digital photos printed! Also, I would love to have more copies of our old family photos. Photos of family and friends are something I don't mind cluttering my house with at all!





Hope you enjoyed the tour of my home via my favorite things in it. Have a great day!!!

p.s. if you read this and then do your own list, post a comment here, so I won't miss your list!


Misty





3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh girl...you are one talented painter! LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing alone. I love your style! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pictures everywhere. I just havent figured out a way to make them look nice. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails