Monday, February 1, 2010

Finally Finished Friday!





Finally Finished Friday!


I have decided to start something new. I have wanted to dedicate a day to posting some of my artwork and I finally came up with a name for it. Here is my first piece that I finished this week. It is an illustration that I dreamed up one night while putting my son to bed. I wanted to do a really fun lion who would be at home in a children's book. Sometimes I toy with the idea of creating a children's book with my 4 year old and having it printed just for him. I have no aspirations to actually get published, because that takes much time and energy, and the chances of suceeding in that business without some sort of contact in the industry is slim. I don't mind taking chances like that, but I want to put my eggs in another artistic basket so to speak.


Anyway, I think making a book just for my son, with his help would be fun. I like how he turned out and I will be adding him to my portfolio. I hope to be motivated to do many more drawings this year that will build up my portfolio and breed new creative ideas. I really have virtually nothing right now to show anyone who wants to see my work.


So...that is my finished project for this week! Each friday I will try to post some sort of finished project that I may have completed earlier in the week, or if I get desperate- something I have made in the past. I have a few quilt projects that I need to finish, so they may end up here too. If you want to join me, feel free to grab my new button below and post some type of finished project on your blog on fridays. If you are feeling generous, link back to me so I can get more traffic and please comment on my blog telling me you are participating so I can come see too!



Here is my button! Take and distribute!!! Link back to me please!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails