Monday, February 8, 2010

Craftiness for V-day!

I took a little time this week to make homemade Valentines cards. I got this great idea from Pink and Green Mama. Hers are probably better, but hey, I am just glad I actually took the time to do it! Here are mine-






I used some drawings of Allie's and cut hearts out of them. (she mainly fills papers up with lots and lots of scribbling) Then I layered those hearts on top of some cardstock ones I cut out and then put another tiny cardstock heart on top and sewed them onto the folded cardstock card with my sewing machine. (which just happened to already be threaded with red thread) and it didn't take long at all.

Then I cut out hearts from Micah's drawings and sewed them on the inside. I outlined hers in red and his in blue. I wanted the cards to have parts made by both of them. I think the grandparents will love them. I love them! I also may send some to our friends kids. I know that Micah is ecstatic when he gets anything in the mail, so maybe they will enjoy them too.

The only problem is that I only made about 11 and now I want to send more, so I may be cutting hearts out again today.


Also today I want to share a photo of my husband looking really cheesy. He is a cutie though. I give him most of the credit for the adorability of our kids....


Who has two thumbs and looks good in black?

This Guy!
Hahaha! Have a great day!
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails