Wednesday, January 6, 2010

He's here!

Well, Our little baby boy finally arrived. We were all set to induce Tuesday morning, but he decided to come a day early.
Noah Grey weighed 7 lbs and 3 ounces and was 19 and a half inches long. He is beautiful and as sweet as can be and looks a bit like his big brother.
Unfortuntatley, he is in the NICU right now. He had a wonderful first night and breastfed beautifully all night, and the next morning wasn't too hungry and was very sleepy. They called me that morning and told me that a blood test he had been given had come back abnormal and they believed he had an infection of some kind. They have to operate on the assumption he could have the strep B bacterial infection, so they moved him to the NICU and began a 7 day antibiotic plan. He will be staying here in the hospital for a week and I will be released today and go home to my other two little ones. I will be trying to pump and bring milk for a while and then maybe later they will let me breastfeed during visits.
Yesterday and today have been so hard. I never thought I would be going home today without him. I wasn't even able to hold him all evening yesterday or last night. Finally today they let me hold and also feed him and I felt much better. Between this and the hormones and the fact that today is my husband's last day at a job we thought was going to turn permanant but instead is ending, has all worked together to make me somewhat of a wreck.
Anyway, we need lots of prayer for both Noah and my husband and his job status. In the meantime, I will be posting a photo of Noah soon, along with his birth story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails