Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I see a pattern here!


























I have developed a love of patterns. I would love love love to be a pattern designer! I didn't know such things existed until I stumbled across this blog last year- Print and Pattern. It has inspired me to do some tinkering on my own designs (nothing good yet) and possibly use them one day in my CafePress shop. I find it really interesting to see the trends in color and patterns. I am afraid however, I am not good with trends. I may love them, but I hesitate to let go once everyone else has moved on. For instance, the brown and blue trend... I came across that color combo a little late and now everyone else has moved on (can't even get any fabric in that combo) and I am still wanting brown and blue! more recently is the Aqua/red combo. The awesome aqua blue-green colors mixed with an accent of red. I have seen some awesome quilts with that combo, but I just know that the moment I decide to collect fabric for such a project, there won't be any available because everyone else has moved on. It is like finding out your favorite show has been canceled. I hate it when good things come to an end!

Maybe I will work on a new pattern and post it on the blog soon. This could possibly be my intro into the world of surface design. Just what I need, another hobby I don't have time for!!! lol




ps. I think this one would make an awesome floor to ceiling mural in my bedroom!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails