Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What's goin' on?



This looks like a few of my great Uncles. He is headin up my blog today because I today I am talking about talkin'.




Lately I am tempted to try to sound more charming by droppin my g's ... you know like sayin' and walkin' and singin' ? (mostly because I have been addicted to 'LOST' for the past 2 months as previously mentioned and Sawyer and Kate sound so darn cute!)


"Well, well... Lookee whose hooked on phonics!"

After all, that type of speech is part of my cultural heritage. Raised by my Grandparents I should be talkin' that way all the time. Unfortunately, I spent most of my life trying to lose the drawl that comes from my extremely rural upbringing. Now, that didn't actually work, I still sound very southern... but I don't actually alter my words. And it doesn't stand out much since everyone I live around sounds exactly the same. I wouldn't even know that I sound pitiful if it weren't for a few comments that have been made and a terrible phone-in radio event! First, I used to work as a receptionist for a Christian publishing company. They got calls in from all over the country so it wasn't unusual for people to point out my accent. That's ok though I found a few of their accents cute too.
However,
My most embarrasing moment of bumpkin-ism was when I called in to my favorite talk radio show on WLS Chicago- the Roe Conn show. (click to listen live online Mon-Friday 2:00-7:00pm) I had been listening for years and I called one day because they were on the topic of people who go to those weird sci-fi conventions and I have a cousin who traveled to Paris the previous year to go to a Stargate convention.(She also has gone yearly to a stargatecon in Canada and has even served as a body gaurd to one of the stars there) Anyway, I was so thrilled to talk to my fave radio personality and thought it was cute when he mentioned liking my accent, but then I later heard myself on the radio (due to a time delay) and it was horrible!
Accch! I didn't know I sounded like that. Like a total hick.


There go my dreams of ever being on talk radio.
You know how they say 'He has a face for radio'? Well, I have a voice for blogging. lol

In other news... I am hooked on Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies. And Chocolate Milk, but that has been going on since I started nursing. You would think I was trying to gain weight.




Oh, and my little fella is 4 months old as of yesterday! Pics coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails