Monday, June 20, 2011

The Long Hot Summer

It has been a while since I have blogged. So many thing have happened in our home in the last few months I have gotten behind. Everything has slowed down to a crawl now though for the rest of the summer, so I thought I might post some things.

First of all, Is it hot where you are? Cause it is hot here... and dry.




(ok, this is not a photo of Louisiana, but it feels like it right now)



It is a drought and over a hundred degrees every day here. This is why I hate summer in Lousiana. I don't like to use the word hate about anything. I know that God has designed everything in nature for a reason. I know plenty of people who seem to prefer summer (though I am sure they have suffered some sort of mini-heat stroke to cause them to say so).


Anyway, I keep checking the weather radar for rain and there hasn't been so much as a shower on the horizon for weeks. Our car's air-conditioning is broken. So even just driving the kids to the store causes them to have red faces like tomatos by the time we get there. I wish the end were near, but there are still many many weeks of hot summer sun before we can spell relief in this area. Our only hope seems to be a hurricane in the gulf that might send nice winds and rains this way, I pray of course that if one comes it will cause little to no damage on it's way.


And when we do get some real rain...





You can be that me and the kids will be out there dancing in it!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I'm with you! This heat is unbearable. Sorry to hear you have to go without air conditioning when you go somewhere. NO FUN! (Phoebe)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails