Saturday, June 5, 2010

Finding out my true passions in life more each day.



But first... A little pic of Noah. Isn't he adorable! I could just kiss him all day long, and I do!!!
More pics of him later. I know I said I would post more soon, but my camera usb cord is suddenly in the non-working category so... later.

I am so excited these days. Really I have been growing in excitement and awe in leaps and bounds since the day I first became a mom. I think it really started when I first met Joey then when we finally married and then my joy was dampened for quite a while during a time when I was on birth control and then later when I was off of it but still waiting to have children.

By the way: The pill is the devil and my body simply can't handle it. I believe without a doubt that many women today suffer from horrible moods altered by their hormones via their birth control pills.

But back to my excitement. Every now and then it seems that God pushes through my poor attention to Him and manages to draw me into a better understanding of what I am supposed to be doing. Today was one of those days that I see just a little clearer. Over the past couple of years I often take these steps of enlightenment when I am guided by like-minded Christian mothers who blog.

I specifically have been inspired and encouraged by three women in particular and I would like to shine a spotlight in their direction.

Joy (The Stay-at-Home Missionary)

Sarah Mae (Like a Warm Cup of Coffee)

Missy (It's Almost Naptime)

When I am too busy to check anything else or too self absorbed to stop and think about what needs to be focused on, I will still stop and listen to whatever these women have to share with me and I am usually left very glad I did. Joy and Sarah Mae teach me and lead me along a path of being a Godly Homemaker and Missy does a little of that and a lot of making me laugh too.

Thanks to these girls and the articles they point me too and the books they discuss and the people they have learned from and met - I have discovered more and more the things that I am passionate about.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails